Here’s a quick little recipe I just tried for dinner. A one-pot (although several bowls) recipe that didn’t take too long to make. Giving it a solid 4.5/5 rating. Add as much (or as little) 🔥 stuff as you can handle.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped chunky
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 limes, juiced
- 14 ½ oz canned cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10oz can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 package microwave cilantro lime rice (or don’t be lazy and cook your own, I don’t care)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 🔥 Dash or three (if you’re not a wimp) of spicy red pepper flakes
- 🔥 A couple of dollops of Bottle Rocket Hot Sauce “Hot” Sauce
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of oil on medium–high heat. Add chicken and season with salt.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add onion, peppers, & garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, salt, and pepper, hot sauce, and pepper flakes, then stir to combine.
- Reduce heat, let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broth starts to thicken.
- Add chicken back in. Toss with cilantro and serve on rice (which you forgot to make but we’re lazy and have microwave rice pouches that take 90 seconds to cook).